Here is another recipe from my current WIP. This is super tasty and quick ~ a combo that can’t be beat in my house.
Finley’s Roast Beef Sandwich
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 slices deli roast beef
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine or additional beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 thinly sliced green peppers
- 1 small thinly sliced onion
- 4 hoagie style rolls.
- In a large skillet, sauté garlic, onions, green pepper, and pepper flakes in oil for 1 minute. Add the roast beef , broth, wine and seasonings; heat through. Place beef slices on rolls; drizzle with the broth mixture. Top with asiago cheese sauce.
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 c. or more Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 lb. scallions
- Add scallions to melted butter, sauté until tender. Add all remaining ingredients and mix. Heat to almost boiling, spoon over roast beef.