Since Halloween is next week, I thought I’d do 13 Thinks I love about Halloween.
- The reason I go so big on Halloween (besides it’s a guilt free pass to eat candy) is that it’s the last holiday before I start my hibernation. I hate the cold – no wait, I really really loathe the cold.
- The great movies. I’m not a big slasher movie fan but I love a good Halloween movie. Among my favorites – Hocus Pocus, Young Frankenstein, and Johnny Depps – Sleepy Hollow
- The fun treats to make! Like these green monster treats – super easy and cute (Here is the link http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/green-halloween-monster-treats)
- Candy. Candy. Candy.
- A night of fun. It’s a great time out from life. Seeing the uber cute kids dressed up makes me smile.
- Halloween music. The Monster Mash, Witch Doctor, . How can you listen to these and not smile? Let’s not forget the Trans-Sylvania Orchestra’s Music of the Night – awesome
- The tons of ‘haunted’ activities. Love the local haunted corn maze and the trail of terror.
- I can black and orange fingernail polish with skeleton leggings and NOT be goth.
- I get to carve a pumpkin – this year it’s the headless horseman.
- I get to toast and eat the seeds from the pumpkin I carved.
- A day of crazy food. Worms (thin sliced hot dogs) on fingers (dough pretzels), troll snot and boogers (vanilla pudding with chocolate chips), Kitty litter cake, etc.
- Witch’s Brew Apple Cider – aka adult cider
- The last reason I love Halloween ~ it’s just plan fun!!!
Thanks for stopping by and I’d love to hear some of your favorite things about Halloween