Welcome to the new theme of Saturday… snacks. I love to snack and yes doughnuts are my favorite BUT I also do have a lengthily list of healthy and like today’s not so healthy snack recipes that I’m excited to share with you.
It’s our turn to host the hockey party. It doesn’t really matter if I’m hosting or attending, there is always one recipe that is requested my – Pizza Dip. I mean what’s not to like??? Oozy cheese…pepperoni…bacon…oozy cheese…
Here is the recipe I use as a base but add or subtract ingredients to make it fit your party.
Things you need:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried parsley
¼ teaspoon dried basil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup pizza sauce
Some things you might want to add:
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
¼ cup sliced mushrooms
4 ounces fried Italian sausage
5 slices fried bacon
2 ounces sliced pepperoni
2 tablespoons sliced black olives, sliced
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, dried
oregano, parsley and basil.
2. Spread cream cheese mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, and sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella and ½
cup of Parmesan on the cream cheese mixture.
3. Top with the pizza sauce and sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the pizza sauce.
4. Top with your choice of adds.
5. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and bubbly.
– If you are short on time, you can cover your microwave safe dish and place into the microwave
for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and heated through.
– I sprinkle a little Italian seasoning on top of my cheese and toppings for an added kick
– Can be served with pita chips, toasted Italian bread, bread sticks, bagel chips.
I’d love to hear some of your favorite snacks – healthy or not 🙂