This week’s listifylife is favorite beach reads. I know most people like to read fiction/romance/fantasy or something along those lines at the beach. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good steamy romance suspense to read while basking in the sun in total relaxation mode but I also use the summer to read non-fiction. During the ‘school’ season (my life has two seasons – school and non-school/summer), all my brain cells are consumed by the crazy day job and my writing, I don’t do non-fiction justice. This is the reason my beach reads include non-fiction…
If you follow my blog you know I’m reading my way through the alphabet this year so each month I select 8 to 10 books from authors whose last name start with these letters. This month I’m reading authors whose last name start with P,Q, and R. I’ll post that to read list later this week.
2016 Top 5 Beach Reads List
1. The Fallen Angel series by JR Ward (On the 4th book now…) I’m a little slow finding this series but it was my summer fav
2. The Aeronuat’s Windlass by Jim Butcher — wow – just wow.
3. Living Well on Less by – Ruth Soukup – As my golden years are rapidly approaching books with a financial spin have become much more interesting. She deals with determining the internal drive of purchasing unneeded wants.
4. The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts
5. Fire Heaven Trilogy by Russell Kirkpatrick
6. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
7. The Hollows (first 3 books) by Angela Kulig
8. How to beat your procrastination – by William Harris
9. Illusion Town by Jayne Castle
10. Joyelyn Glei’s 3 book series – on time management and allowing creativity to bloom in a non-creative work place.
What were some of your favorite beach reads this year? I still have two weeks left before I have to go back to the crazy day job.